- The goal Nebraska Wind and Wildlife Working Group (Working Group) is to minimize the potential impacts of wind energy development on Nebraskaâs wildlife resources through a collaborative approach.
- The history of the Working Group goes back to 2009 when the group was formed. Since then, the group dymanic has changed in an attempt to include more stakeholders
- Any individual committed to the goal of the Working Group is invited to participate.
- The Working Group has no regulatory authority; guidance documents or recommendations will not supersede decisions made by the regulatory authorities.
- The Working Group supports the development of wind energy in Nebraska when the planning and siting process avoids or minimizes impacts to wildlife populations and natural areas.