- Modern wind energy generation in Nebraska began in the late 1990s.
- In 1999, Nebraska had 3 megawatts (MW) of installed wind power capacity; in March 2016, there was 809.78 MW installed.
- Nebraska is ranked fourth in the nation for potential wind power generation.
- Utility scale wind power generation is at thirteen facilities in Nebraska.
- There are potential benefits, both environmental and economic, of developing wind energy in Nebraska.
- Money from voluntary mitigation for permanent impacts to Nebraska's wildlife habitats has been used for projects to benefit wildlife conservation.
Installed Wind Power Capacity 1999 - 2016
U.S. Department of Energy