Public Conservation Lands
- Nebraska has a wide variety of public conservation lands including state parks, state recreation areas, wildlife management areas, national forests, national wildlife refuges, and more.
- Through the Open Fields and Waters Program, some private lands owners in Nebraska have granted access to their lands to the public for hunting and/or fishing.
- These state, federal, partner, and private lands are important for wildlife conservation and public recreation.
- Several counties have setbacks from these lands for wind turbines.
- To determine if any of these lands are near your project location, you can use an online Public Access Atlas.